An experiment with vector tiles for CyclOSM
I wanted to experiment the difficulty of reusing cyclOSM layers to render vector tiles.
My goal was to visualise the cycling infrastructure on a map (tracks, lanes, shared lanes, etc.) as well as parkings. This would allow me to reproduce the Geovelo rendering which I love.
At low-level zoom, only bicycle infrastructure is visible:
- Filled lines displays dedicated infrastructure (such as tracks or cycleways)
- Dashed lines are shared infrastructure (such as lanes or shared bus ways)
- Green color is for permanent infrastructure
- Orange color is for temporary infrastructure (aka post-lockdown cycleways)
Starting at zoom 15 a few details appears:
- Arrows that display the direction
- Arrows on roads with the opposite side usable for cyclists
- Bicycle parking as a circle
Then starting at zoom 17, the capacity of the bicycle parking is displayed.
You are interested expanding the coverage or adding features? Feel free to contact me.